YOUR WARDROBE SHOULD BE A STRESS FREE HAPPY PLACE….
You probably scratch your head and say “yeah right”. There are many things you can get better at and presentation is everything!
I am of the opinion that what is tucked away in a pile and is not visible will be forgotten. I suggest putting as many of clothes as possible on hangers and in their sections.
- Tops with Tops from Light to Dark
- Pants with Pants from Light to Dark
- Dresses with Dresses from Light to Dark
- Skirts with skirts from Light to Dark
- Jackets with Jackets from Lights to Dark
- Work out and outdoor gear together
There are some theories that say to turn your hangers the other way, if the hanger remains unturned for 6 months it gets recycled. I will leave this up to you. You might get very excited about this principle. I personally would get annoyed at the hangers not pointing the same way so my stress free wardrobe would become stressful!
I am a visual person and I have my most frequent wears in the best lit spot in my wardrobe.
Every 3 weeks or so I quickly put all sections back in order and have a little reset without during a huge clean out.
If your hanging space is limited, here are some strategies to make your wardrobe work smoothly for you:
- Give your hanging space to the items that will wrinkle most so you save on ironing time. (I have not met many women who love ironing!)
- Fold each top with the collar and print showing to the top.
- Put all your Lighter tops in a pile together and do the same with your Darker tops.
- Create purpose piles, you have a pile of casual tops, work tops, gym tops, going out tops etc.
- The more visual you keep the system the better it will work for you!