I hope you are settling into the cooler weather and that your wardrobe has some great outfits that you love.
Why settle for anything less?
What Coat To Wear For Winter To Suit Your Shape
A winter coat is a purchase that warrants a little extra thought as you will have it for a few years, it needs to go with so much and it takes up lots of space in your wardrobe so if it is not a 10 you will get sick of it sooner rather than later.
Whether a coat style works for you depends a lot on your style, your colour season, your height and of course your body shape.
Some trendy oversized blanket coats might not work on a petite, curvy pear shape but will look fabulous on a medium to a tall rectangle.
MOOD BOARDS ON PINTEREST
I have created individual Pinterest boards for each type of jacket so click on the images below for inspiration. The “shaket” is a new category which is a shirt/jacket.
Before falling in love with a style you see in stores or online, working on a list of questions about what to look out for in a jacket might be helpful.
QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE BUYING
If you could imagine being in my stylist brain for a moment. When I am looking for a coat for a client these are the questions I ask:
– What is the length of the coat?
– Is there a little cinch at the back? Especially the Pear and Hourglass shape look better with a waist definition.
– How is the shoulder, sleeve and lapel situation?
– How versatile is the colour or pattern? Is it universal so it will go with everything?
Answers to these questions zig-zag from yes to no and will make me pick it up or continue to look elsewhere.
– What are the collar and button details (especially the fashionable double-breasted look might not work for everyone).
– How warm is it? Depending on the fabric and thickness the coat can be used as a smart-casual jacket indoors.
– What else is a bit special? (this could be anything from nice stitching, side split, off-centre zip, or anything a bit different)
What the answers are for you is, of course, personal but it may help you sort out the treasure from the average.
NEED SOME INSPIRATION?
If this is the time for you, where you feel you need some direction in terms of what colours and styles work for you, I would be so happy to help.
Apart from the face-to-face style sessions, I can also put together a list of ideas of styles for you to look at.
For more information contact Style Angel.