Top Styling Tips for How to Dress for Your Success
by Angela Barbagallo, Personal Stylist and Creator or Style Angel
- Research your industry or company you would like to work for and find out the accepted dress code. Dressing professionally at all times will open the doors to your future!
- The length of your jacket sleeves and pants sleeves is incredibly important. Jacket sleeves should finish at the base of the thumb and pants should be take up to the base of the heel of your shoe. This will make you look organised and ready to get the job done!
- The Vital “V” is what gets noticed most in an office environment hence your professional neckline, accessories, make up and hair style will get noticed.
- Appropriate skirt and dress lengths for the Corporate environment are 1 cm above and 1 cm below the knee.
- Blend in your hosiery with the colour of your skirts and dresses to look slimmer and more professional. Skin tone, black or opaques are all acceptable corporate looks. Tip; carry a spare pair with you all the time for unexpected runs.
- Make sure you invest in a new bra every 6 months and get re-fitted, your outfits will look fantastic when you do. Shapewear is also a great tool to make your complete outfit look flattering.
- If you decide to wear nail polish make sure the colour blends in professionally and the peep toe is kept with a nice finish and subtle.
- Your body language is what people see first; perhaps practice your handshake, eye contact and posture with a friend before an important interview.