Make Up Workshop with Rozlyne Vidal
Rozlyne is running her last Make Up Workshop of the year on Thursday, 19th of November 2009 at 7.30pm at the Style Angel Studio, 1 Bracken Close, Engadine. Tickets are $40!
Call us on 02 9520 9940 for your tickets (ONLY a Few left!)
These nights are always fun and you will learn lots on what works for you!
Quick and Easy Make Up Tips by Make Up Artist Rozlyne Vidal www.rozlynevidal.com.au
As a special treat, I have asked Rozlyne to share some of her secrets with us. I highly recommend a one-on-one Make Up lesson, which I did last year, and I feel so much confident in applying make up, experimenting with colours, using the right tools etc. All thanks to Rozlyne’s enthousiasm!
1. Always use a Primer before you apply your foundation. It will make the foundation last and look more even (Armani primer and MAC Primer are great and Clarins also has a great product to prepare the base of your make up called “Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch”).
2. The best way to test your foundation colour is to apply it to your jawline if you can’t see the colour, it is the right one for you. If the colour stands out for being too light or dark it is not the correct shade, keep looking! The inside of the wrist is not necessarily a great match to the skin tone of your face. Always apply your make-up in a well lit room with natural light.
3. Use light shimmery colours when you want to make an area bigger or where light hits your face; like the top of your cheekbones (this is called highlighting), the centre of the nose, the cupid’s bow of your lips, the centre of your chin and inner corner of your eyes (MAC has a great Pigment that works well called vanilla).
4. Use Dark and matte shades when you want to draw less attention to an area (this is called contouring); like the bottom of the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose and also the sides of the nose, the temples of your forehead up to the hair line, your neck muscles on either side and for extra cleavage a v-shape in the décolletage (The secret is to use to an angle brush MAC do a great one it is number no 169).
5. Only apply blush to the “apples” of your face that appear when you have a big smile.
6. When it comes to applying eye colours the secret is use a combination of lighter (near inner corner and underneath eye brow) to darker colours towards the edge of the eye. Then Blend, Blend, Blend with a blending brush (MAC no 239) or your fingers to make the edges smooth and the overall look is amazing.
7. Apply a cream or white pencil to the inner part of the lower lid to make your eyes appear larger (newsreaders have been using this trick for years!)
8. To prevent lips from bleeding, apply a lip pencil in a colour matching to your lip colour and fill in the whole lip to make your lipstick last. Apply a little gloss for some extra glamour.
9. Give your brushes a regular wash with hot water, shampoo and conditioner to clean out all the excess oils. Dry them off with a towel and let them air-dry really well before the next use. You will be amazed how nice and soft they turn out.
10. Remember to allow enough time to apply your make-up and practice makes perfect!
Angela Barbagallo, Fashion Stylist
Style Angel Corporation Pty Ltd
1 Bracken Close Engadine NSW 2233 Australia
Ph 02 9520 9940 Fax 02 9520 9018 Mob 0407 032 531
[email protected] https://styleangel.com
©Style Angel Corporation 2009
Leave a Reply