It is a tempting time at the shops at the moment as on one side you will have great discounts of 30-50% off last season's stock and on the other side the new looks for Spring. Great timing to have a good look at your current wardrobe to analyse what the "Cost per Wear" is of the items in your wardrobe.
As a Fashion Stylist I regularly see overflowing wardrobes (both Women's and Men's) and my Clients still have a feeling of "I have nothing to Wear" every day. Sounds Familiar…?
Well there are a few Easy steps to take and some of my secrets I share with my Clients during my consultations:
1. Go through your Wardrobe every 3-4 months, you will be juiced about items you have not seen for a while. In the April newsletter I have shared tips on how I do this for my clients. Just click here to get the Style Angel insights
2. A crucial rule in acquiring a wardrobe of great looking, useful and cost effective clothes is to consider what you need and how much to spend, both annually and on each item. Rarely do we stop to think of what our clothes are really costing us to wear. Commonly inexpensive items can be found to be expensive if worn infrequently, while expensive garments can be found to be inexpensive if they are worn often.
Before purchasing another garment take the time to study this Cost per Wear Formula.
Cost per Wear = Garment Cost (incl. upkeep like Dry Cleaning & mending)
Total Number of Expected Wearings (see below for formula)
The Total Number of Expected Wears is calculated in the following way:
Number of wearings per week x Number of weeks in a month x number of months per year x number of years that the garment can be worn = Total Number of Expected Wearings
3. Invest in trans-seasonal clothes that will take you through all the seasons. Layering is a great way to get great wear out of all your pieces.Invest in pieces that will Mix and Match with most items in your wardrobe. A pair of out-there shoes in a colour that doesn't really go with anything you might want to think twice about.
4. Accessorise, Accessorise, Accessorise! Yes you too guys! Last month's newsletter was full of tips on how to become an Accessory Expert so just click here for your Style Angel Tips
5. ONLY buy things you feel comfortable in and you LOVE! Shoes that are too tight or scratchy fabric on a fabulous jumper will look sensational in the shop but will gather dust before you know it! No matter if they were 50% off and a bargain…..! Click here for Style Angel Shopping Tips
6. Knowing your best Colours and Styles that suit you will save you literally thousands of unnecessary dollars. Click here to find out your bodyshape and tips on your best colours.
We Recommend a Style & Colour Consultation
- Do you know what styles, lengths and proportions will really bring out your best features no matter what body shape or size?
- Have you always wondered what colours suit you and why you love wearing a certain outfit?
the convenience of your own home during a 3 hour consultation you will
find out your body shape and your best styles that will make you look
fantastic. You will also find out what your best colours are and how to
will receive a personalised Style Portfolio that is printed on the spot
which contains over 500 of your best shapes including a handbag size
shopping guide perfect to take shopping with you!
will also receive a colours swatch containing 60 of your best colours
together with a handout containing information such as how to best wear
certain colours, what colours to wear in your make-up or glasses, what
happens if you were to make a radical change in hair colours and more. Colour Consultations and Style Consultations are also available separately in a 90 minute session or for our Interstate and International Clients we have a "Anytime-Anywhere" version of this Consultation below.
Leave a Reply