The Magic of Accessorising
Accessorising is the quickest way of really getting value out of your wardrobe as you can make the same outfit look totally different just by wearing a different necklace, shoes and handbag and for guys a tie, cufflinks.
Accessorising can change your mood and you can be certain that it brings in the compliments as people notice the effort.
By choosing the right pieces that really make your eyes stand out, suit your face shape and are in harmony with your proportions you are on to a flying start to looking great!
Quick Tips for Her:
1. Dedicate at least 30% of your clothing budget to accessories like the obvious such as bags, shoes, necklaces, bracelets, earrings and the-not-so obvious to stockings, nail polish, perfume, your hair colour and hair style.
2. Choose pieces that suit your face shape and body shape. If you have a longer face, choose a rounder piece in the neck to break it up and if you have a rounder face wear longer more vertical pieces. So be smart and use accessories to balance your look.
3. Make sure that any of the accessories are in harmony with your height and bone structure. If you have a larger bone structure small bracelets or stiletto heals will look out of place similar to heavy bangles or very chunky heals on a small framed lady.
4. Choose where you want your focal point to be, really out there coloured stockings or shoes will make people look down and you will visually look less tall and larger. But a nice piece in the neck or ears or a great handbag will make people look up which means you appear taller and skinnier at the same time!
5. A handbag can be a real focal point and the part of your body where you carry your bag will be an area that is noticed so if you are smart you can really use this to your advantage. As an example if you are a Triangle Shape and thus carry your weight around your hips your best bag positions will be Bust and the Waist and possible holding the bag in your hand. If you are more of a Rectangle shape you would avoid a bag finishing at the waist but look for a bag to finish at your Bust, Hips or that you hold in your hand.
6. The way you store your accessories at home is crucial in you wearing them or at least to get inspired by them. If you necklaces are carefully stored away or one tangled up mess then the likelihood that on a busy morning you will have the time or patience to bring them out is small.