Understanding your body shape is crucial in having in a wardrobe filled with clothes that look great on you and that you feel confident in. Usually we only wear a selection of the clothes we have in the wardrobe and always fall back on old favorites that get worn all the time.
You have perfect proportions between your upper and lower body with a well defined waist. Dressing is often quite easy as many styles suit an hourglass shape. Your only limitations will come from other factors such as weight, prominent features, age, your shoulder-line etc.
Weight gain does not become apparent until you are moderately overweight, as the weight tends to be distributed evenly and the waist remains proportionally small.
A common female body shape
A columnar, boxy silhouette that comes from similar circumference of the bust, waist and hips.
Hips tend to be square and often the arms and legs are proportionally slender
A flat bottom is also common
A rectangular woman will often appear shorter and heavier than she really is.
Many women find they become rectangular with age. The thickening of the mid-torso is most commonly a result of the vertebrae compressing and creating less torso length and less space to distribute any fat.
The aim is to add definition to the shape by visually elongating body and defining the shoulders (if you are overweight) or defining the waist (if your are slender).
Inverted Triangle Shape
The aim is to create balance with the upper and lower body by creating the impression of a wider bottom and drawing attention away from the upper body.
Oval and Diamond Shape
* Appearance of being round especially in the torso area.
* The waist is undefined.
* Oval shape has a low stomach and a Diamond shape has a high stomach that give the appearance of being pregnant.
* A tendency to have love handles.
* The aim is to visually elongate the body and pull the attention toward the head and shoulders.
* Draw attention away from the middle area upward to the face, shoulder and neck areas.
* By creating length in the torso you will have a longer more flattering silhouette.