The Melbourne Cup is only a few weeks away. Christmas events are being scheduled and perhaps you have a few party invitations.
Today I will show you my strategies how to shop on a budget. As well as how you can make the same dress look totally different with different accessories.
A large part of my budget goes towards accessories and I will use and re-use them for many years, until they fall apart. I only ever buy what I love.
My aim was to find an entire outfit for under $200, dress, shoes, hat, bag and accessories. I looked for it online and as I went I popped a few other gorgeous dress or jumpsuit options in a Pinterest board.
For many women Special Occasion invites gives them chills down their spine, so if that is you, please contact me to book a time.
MY STYLE TIPS
- If you want to stick to a budget, then be smart when you look and buy. Right now quite a few retailers are on sale and others are not. Give yourself time to look and try.
- Start with the dress. Figure out what colour or pattern you want to wear, what length and sleeve is appropriate for you.
- It goes without saying that you only buy what you love, no doubt you will be taking photos in this outfit. Make it a 10 out of 10, if not, keep looking!
- If the dress is one colour then you can choose if you want to go lighter or darker in your accessories.
- You can match the bag to your shoe or introduce a 3rd colour that is complimentary. See where your mood takes you. As an example, the black shoes below have a golden trim and heel so a great chance to use golden details in bag, earrings and fascinator.
- Wear the shoes before your event to prevent blisters and double bandaid the usual blister spots to widen those areas for comfort.
- When you google “Special Occasion” wear online and see a few styles you like but they are online only. Put the company name in Google and soon you will see reviews from lots of women just like you. Don’t get disappointed, do you research first.