people perceive you, trust you, want to give you their business, want
to date you. So the small details of the way you take pride in
finishing off a look can go a long way.
can be worn on jeans and other pants, the pants can be dressed up or
down. Make sure the sleeves of your suit finish at the base of the
thumb to leave room for a great looking shirt with cuffs to finish off
a sharp look.
correct buttoning is that the middle button of a three button jacket or
the top button of a two button jacket is positioned at your navel.
Always leave your bottom button undone!
tie and shirt remember the two out of three rule; two of the three can
have a stripe but not all three.
– A guy’s choice of accessories is not as vast as the choice the girls
have, but a watch will be noticed so look out for a nice one and make
sure it fits when you wear a business shirt. Your watch and cufflinks
are crucial to a smart
look so make sure they up to date and fit the dress code of your job.
– If you wear ties, go through your collection every six months and
recycle what you don’t wear so you only ever have a selection you love.
Go with colours that you are attracted to (even if you don’t know why)
and learn from your mistakes.
– Get a great ‘man-bag; to carry your things in instead of stuffing them in your pockets!
– Update your socks and belts every six months, as they will show the
daily wear and can kill your look. A great tip is to get a reversible
belt that has brown and black so you can mix and match.
Keep in mind that quality materials will stand the test of time,
colours and fabrics that work well together will create an abundance of
outfits and, like for the ladies, less is more! here are some suggestions:
1. two suits in charcoal, blue, black and/or pinstripe. Make sure the
fit is great with no gaping at the chest, and ensure the arm and leg
is not too short or too long. Flat fronted pants without cuffs are the trendiest, which creates an easy ‘going out ‘look.
2. five business shirts in a variety of classic colours, fits and
collars; blue, white, pink, striped, herringbone pattern with a cut
away collar all make
a very professional look.
3. two ‘going out’ shirts make sure they work with your suit so you can
mix and match outfits with your suit pants or with your jacket on top
4. four t-shirts to relax in over the weekend and at night.
5. One pair of jeans, a good fit, colour and wash are all important.
6. One cardigan to wear with your jeans, t-shirts and on top of your suit pants.
more than 100 different outfit combinations, covering work, social,
casual and smart occasions. Enjoy!
match essential accessories, such as cufflinks, belts, ties and shoes,
to create a range of outfits that will take you seamlessly from the
boardroom to the bar and back again! For example:
jeans, change your business shirt for a t-shirt and wear your suit
jacket with your dress shoes for a funky yet stylish look.
– Wear a nice ‘going out’ shirt on your jeans with sneakers for a night
in the pub, or replace your jeans and sneakers with your suit pants and
dress shoes for a night in the club.
– Wear a t-shirt with your jeans and sneakers for a late breakfast on Saturday morning or afternoon BBQ with your friends.
– Wear your cardigan on your dress
pants and shoes for an afternoon at the museum, or your cardigan and
jeans and sneakers on your Sunday afternoon date.
Here is an idea of items that will help you Mix and Match your wardrobe!
Angela Barbagallo, Fashion Stylist
Style Angel Corporation Pty Ltd
1 Bracken Close Engadine NSW 2233 Australia
Ph 02 9520 9940 Fax 02 9520 9018 Mob 0407 032 531
[email protected] www.styleangel.com ©Style Angel Corporation 2009
Leave a Reply