BLACK often plays an important part to create amazing patterns and lines that make you look super slim and tall. You will see so many options I have created for you in your body shape Do’s and Don’ts.
Perhaps BLACK might also be the CURRENT REIGNING QUEEN of taking the most amount of space in your wardrobe.
BUT…. did you know that if Black is not part of your one of your best colours, this colour will make you look tired, drained and older.
It could cast shadows in the lines on your face and it could make any bags under your eyes look even darker so it is important to know how you could make black work for you.
5 EASY STEPS HOW TO WEAR BLACK AND NOT LOOK TIRED, OLD OR SICK!
- Wear black away from your face. The lower the neckline, the easier black will be to wear. Worn under the waist in skirts, pants and shorts, black will be fine.
- Think 80/20 above the waist. By wearing 80% of your best colours above the waist you can afford the 20% that is are are not your best like perhaps black.
- Show plenty of skin. The more you cover your body in black the more it will affect your total appearance. A black dress is easier to pull off if you expose your arms and your show a bit of skin in your neckline.
- Adjust your make-up when you wear black close to the face. Perhaps brighten your lips and apply eyeliner and mascara to give your eyes added definition.
- If you have a heavy lined face TRY YOUR VERY BEST TO avoid black above the bust line. Black will throw shadow into the lines on your face, making them more noticeable.
As the NSW Stylist for Diana Ferrari I am proud to show you a sneak preview of the September Collection.